Lifehack is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
This is a list of apps that can bring in a little extra side income. Referral codes and embedded referral links are throughout this article.
1. Slidejoy - An app that puts advertisements on your lock screen. Each day you will receive carats(points) that can be redeemed for cash through a PayPal account or gift cards to many major retailers.
2. S'More - Works a lot like Slidejoy, and can be used at the same time as Slidejoy. Referral Code: WJM6G7.
Shopping - Stores:
3. Shopkick - Get rewarded for checking in to stores. Earn more by purchasing scanned items.
4. IBotta - Get cash for the items you purchased. Cashback for that milk you bought at the local supermarket, or the toy you bought in the retail store. Referral code: JKWIOEX
5. Job Spotter - is an app by Indeed. Snap a picture of Hiring Sign and the Storefront, and submit. Points earned convert into Amazon gift cards.
6. Gas Buddy - is another crowd-sourced sharing app. Prices of gas from supermarkets, groceries, and gas stations are updated by users.
7. GetUpSide - A cashback app on Groceries, Dining, and Gas. Referral Code: Angel988
8. Shell Fuel Rewards - Get discounts on each gallon of gas at Shell stations. Plus additional rewards can be obtained in other ways.
11. FOAP - Create a portfolio for buyers. Sell photos through FOAP mission to top brands. Turn your photos into money straight from your phone.
12. Clashot - Is another app like FOAP. But contains Ads and offers in-app purchases.
13. Opinion Rewards - Is an app that pays for your opinions. It is available on iOS. You will receive a notification when a survey is available. You answer a few short questions and get paid for the location-based info.
14. Google Maps - Has a contribution tab. As you travel with your GPS on. You can give places reviews and answer questions. Google rewards those for their help.
Ride - Share:
17. Uber - Ride-Sharing App that can be very profitable. You can pick up PAX and take them to their destinations. Food deliveries are an option in the same app. Referral Code: 9E1XC8H9UE
18. Lyft - Another Ride-Sharing App that can be worked together with Uber. You can connect your Shell Rewards and Jetblue membership to your account. Referral Code: Angel71018
19. Mobile Performance - by Embee for Android - Just install and let the app run in the back. Collect points each day for letting it run. Then you can redeem them for gift cards.
20. Killi - Data collecting is one of many ways to earn with this app. You can also take one question surveys. Referral Code: 236120.
Get the Gas Buddy gas card and connect it to the ShopYourWay app. Then take the receipt and upload it to GetUpSide. That will give you 3 rewards in one stop. Since GasBuddy's discount comes out when it takes the money from your bank account.
A lot of this info is already in my other article for Ride-Share drivers. I have added them to this list. Since those apps can be beneficial too many.