Here are a few tips and tricks for this year when you are going Black Friday shopping. You can choose to use these in November when you do go shopping.
- Make a list of things you plan to get and then review it to make sure that's what you absolutely want to purchase. If one of the things you're getting has scents, then go on the store's website and look for reviews. Also, do this technique with things such as wallets/handbags, makeup, jewelry, candles, etc.
- Scope out all the stores and their layouts two days before Black Friday in order to know where the things your getting are.
- Bring reusable bags so that it is easier to get out of stores quicker and not have to wait for bags or carts. Also, you won’t have to pay for them.
- Prioritize which items you need the most and have them at the top of the list and have the maybes at the bottom.
- Plan to go Black Friday shopping with friends or family to look over what you're buying and stay in a group for safety reasons.
- Know what stores have security and where you can find security in case of an emergency. We have all heard of the Black Friday stories where people get into fights and arguments, so it would be good to know where to find help in case it is needed, especially since people can get violent when they can save a few bucks but someone takes the last product or something along the lines of that.
- Before you go shopping, eat a good meal or get a small drink/food for energy. I recommend eating a good breakfast seeing as you will be out and about for a couple hours. It is also good to stay energized while you're shopping so that you don't get tired as easily. If you don't have time to have a good breakfast, then get an energy bar or quick meal to still give you the energy you need to get through your day.
- Remember to bring a bottle of water in order to stay hydrated while you're racing to get your items. If you don't stay hydrated then you can start to feel light headed and not enjoy the day of deals as much. Plus, if you're shopping with people and they forgot to bring water, you can give some to them.
- Look closely at what you are buying before buying because you would like something in the store and then realize you might never use it again. For example, you might think that you love this perfume but when you get home, you realize you don't like it. I know what you're thinking: I can just return them. You could but you would just be wasting your gas and time just because you didn't think about what you're buying in store.
- Make a strict budget for yourself so that you don't overspend to the point where you won't have as much money left for other things. Figure out how much each of the items is going to cost and bring that much with you. There are most likely going to be sales on the items you're getting but you always want to be prepared.
- Remember if it's not a good price and it is still expensive, DON'T BUY IT. You may really like something; however, it could be expensive and it could break your budget.
Remember to be kind to people wherever you go and they will be kind back. You may not always realize you are not being kind, so try to keep this in mind. Also, stay safe this Black Friday, even though it is a few months away.